Luca Filippi was fastest in GP2's first post-season test at Barcelona on Tuesday.
The seven-time race-winner only took part in the morning session before handing his Coloni car over to Italian Formula 3 champion Riccardo Agostini.
Coloni, which will not participate in GP2 in 2013, dominated most of the day, with Daniel de Jong second fastest behind team-mate Filippi in the morning and then quickest of all in the afternoon.
It was not a flawless day for the squad, though, as Filippi caused a red flag by spinning and stalling at Turn 5 just after topping the times.
The morning top five was completed by three 2012 GP2 drivers trying out different teams, with Nigel Melker third for champion squad DAMS, long-time iSport man Marcus Ericsson fourth for Trident, and Stephane Richelmi having a run with Lotus in fifth.
Ericsson was second behind de Jong in the afternoon, with European Formula 3 and F3 Euro Series champion Daniel Juncadella next up for Rapax.
Juncadella was just ahead of Stefano Coletti, who has already signed a 2013 Rapax deal.
Caterham protege Alexander Rossi was fifth for the Formula 1 squad's GP2 arm.
In addition to Juncadella, other junior single-seater luminaries trying GP2 at the test included Auto GP champion Adrian Quaife-Hobbs with Rapax, plus GP3 champion Mitch Evans and title rival Daniel Abt, who stayed with their respective Arden and Lotus squads.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Luca Filippi Coloni 1m29.775s
2. Daniel de Jong Coloni 1m30.115s + 0.340s
3. Nigel Melker DAMS 1m30.315s + 0.540s
4. Marcus Ericsson Trident 1m30.356s + 0.581s
5. Stephane Richelmi Lotus 1m30.368s + 0.593s
6. Rio Haryanto Carlin 1m30.479s + 0.704s
7. Adrian Quaife-Hobbs Addax 1m30.494s + 0.719s
8. Stefano Coletti Rapax 1m30.516s + 0.741s
9. Mitch Evans Arden 1m30.566s + 0.791s
10. Jake Rosenzweig Addax 1m30.625s + 0.850s
11. Simon Trummer Arden 1m30.692s + 0.917s
12. Andre Negrao Racing Engineering 1m30.710s + 0.935s
13. Felipe Nasr Carlin 1m30.710s + 0.935s
14. Alexander Rossi Caterham 1m30.805s + 1.030s
15. Daniel Abt Lotus 1m31.008s + 1.233s
16. Daniel Juncadella Rapax 1m31.183s + 1.408s
17. Pal Varhaug iSport 1m31.326s + 1.551s
18. Kevin Giovesi Lazarus 1m31.355s + 1.580s
19. Julian Leal Trident 1m31.618s + 1.843s
20. Rene Binder Lazarus 1m31.681s + 1.906s
21. Lucas Foresti Caterham 1m31.840s + 2.065s
22. Arthur Pic DAMS 1m31.842s + 2.067s
23. Facundo Regalia iSport 1m31.927s + 2.152s
24. Gianmarco Raimondo Racing Engineering 1m32.524s + 2.749s
25. Riccardo Agostini Coloni 1m32.524s + 2.749s
26. Kevin Ceccon Ocean 1m33.082s + 3.307s
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Daniel de Jong Coloni 1m30.408s
2. Marcus Ericsson Trident 1m30.567s + 0.159s
3. Daniel Juncadella Rapax 1m30.740s + 0.332s
4. Stefano Coletti Rapax 1m30.747s + 0.339s
5. Alexander Rossi Caterham 1m30.865s + 0.457s
6. Stephane Richelmi Lotus 1m30.886s + 0.478s
7. Adrian Quaife-Hobbs Addax 1m30.941s + 0.533s
8. Mitch Evans Arden 1m30.973s + 0.565s
9. Jake Rosenzweig Addax 1m31.043s + 0.635s
10. Kevin Giovesi Lazarus 1m31.067s + 0.659s
11. Nigel Melker DAMS 1m31.101s + 0.693s
12. Simon Trummer Arden 1m31.243s + 0.835s
13. Lucas Foresti Caterham 1m31.371s + 0.963s
14. Andre Negrao Racing Engineering 1m31.382s + 0.974s
15. Pal Varhaug iSport 1m31.394s + 0.986s
16. Arthur Pic DAMS 1m31.407s + 0.999s
17. Riccardo Agostini Coloni 1m31.413s + 1.005s
18. Daniel Abt Lotus 1m31.477s + 1.069s
19. Gianmarco Raimondo Racing Engineering 1m31.579s + 1.171s
20. Julian Leal Trident 1m31.649s + 1.241s
21. Felipe Nasr Carlin 1m31.708s + 1.300s
22. Rene Binder Lazarus 1m31.771s + 1.363s
23. Facundo Regalia iSport 1m31.771s + 1.363s
24. Rio Haryanto Carlin 1m33.897s + 3.489s