Andrew Jordan leads Snetterton British Touring Car Championship practice
|By Kevin Turner
||Saturday, August 11th 2012, 10:10 GMT
Andrew Jordan topped the first free practice session since the mid-season British Touring Car break at Snetterton on Saturday morning.
Although the works cars of Jason Plato (MG) and Gordon Shedden (Honda) set the initial pace, Eurotech Honda Civic driver Jordan soon moved to the front. He set several quick times, with the best standing at 1m58.431s.
Shedden made it an NGTC Honda one-two, but finished the session with his car on fire in the pitlane, while team-mate Matt Neal left it late to set a representative time and ended up fifth.
Plato was the only other driver to break the 1m59s barrier in third, while top S2000 runner was Tom Onslow-Cole in his WSR BMW in fourth. His 1m59.466s effort was 0.8 seconds ahead of the next best S2000 machine and a second quicker than team-mate Rob Collard as the NGTCs dominated.
Fellow NGTC runners Adam Morgan, Rob Austin, Dan Welch, Jeff Smith and Frank Wrathall rounded out the top 10.
BTCC newcomer Rob Holland was 17th in the Tony Gilham Racing/Team Hard Honda Civic, with Gilham himself 19th in the Hard/Thorney Motorsport-run Vauxhall Insignia.
Mat Jackson took Motorbase's brand new NGTC Ford Focus out on track for the first time, but was outside the top 20 as his team worked on understanding the car.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Andrew Jordan Eurotech Honda 1m58.431s
2. Gordon Shedden Honda 1m58.984s + 0.553s
3. Jason Plato MG 1m58.994s + 0.563s
4. Tom Onslow-Cole WSR BMW 1m59.466s + 1.035s
5. Matt Neal Honda 1m59.573s + 1.142s
6. Adam Morgan Speedworks Toyota 1m59.930s + 1.499s
7. Rob Austin Austin Audi 2m00.030s + 1.599s
8. Daniel Welch Welch Proton 2m00.036s + 1.605s
9. Jeff Smith Eurotech Honda 2m00.084s + 1.653s
10. Frank Wrathall Dynojet Toyota 2m00.245s + 1.814s
11. Lea Wood Central Vauxhall 2m00.470s + 2.039s
12. Rob Collard WSR BMW 2m00.472s + 2.041s
13. Aron Smith Motorbase Ford 2m00.518s + 2.087s
14. Nick Foster WSR BMW 2m00.599s + 2.168s
15. Dave Newsham ES Vauxhall 2m00.744s + 2.313s
16. Chris James ES Vauxhall 2m01.911s + 3.480s
17. Robb Holland Gilham Honda 2m02.333s + 3.902s
18. Andy Neate MG 2m02.684s + 4.253s
19. Tony Gilham Thorney Vauxhall 2m03.313s + 4.882s
20. Ollie Jackson AmD Volkswagen 2m03.421s + 4.990s
21. Tony Hughes Speedworks Toyota 2m04.000s + 5.569s
22. Mat Jackson Motorbase Ford 2m04.900s + 6.469s