Pickett Racing takes another American Le Mans Series pole with Klaus Graf at Mosport Park
||Saturday, July 21st 2012, 20:25 GMT
Pickett Racing's domination of the American Le Mans Series continued in Mosport Park qualifying as Klauf Graf blasted to a commanding pole in the HPD he shares with Lucas Luhr.
After escaping a big moment on his second flying lap, Graf set a 1m06.486s to put himself on pole by two seconds over Pickett's arch-rival Dyson. Tyre warm-up issues on Dyson's latest Lola-Mazda meant Chris Dyson had to work hard to depose the team's older #20 car, driven by Eric Lux, from the front row.
Conquest claimed a maiden pole in LMP2, as Martin Plowman kept the team's Morgan-Nissan ahead of Level 5's Christophe Bouchut, and lapped within a few tenths of Dyson.
Corvette took a one-two in GT, with Jan Magnussen putting his and Antonio Garcia's #3 car on class pole in front of their championship-leading team-mates Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner.
Rahal Letterman Lanigan's BMWs had to settle for third and sixth, split by Johannes van Overbeek's Extreme Speed Ferrari and Jorg Bergmeister's Flying Lizard Porsche.
LMPC became a CORE one-two, led by Colin Braun, when Merchant Services' Kyle Marcelli had his best time - which had put him second - deleted for impeding other cars. This session was interrupted by a late red flag to retrieve the spun car of Marino Franchitti - in for Butch Leitzinger at PR1/Mathiasen this weekend. Damien Faulkner was quickest in GTC for Green Hornet.
Pos Cl Drivers Team/Car Time
1. P1 Luhr/Graf Pickett HPD 1m06.486s
2. P1 Dyson/Smith Dyson Lola-Mazda 1m08.637s
3. P1 Burgess/Lux Dyson Lola-Mazda 1m08.746s
4. P2 Plowman/Heinemeier Hansson Conquest Morgan-Nissan 1m08.853s
5. P2 Tucker/Bouchut Level 5 HPD 1m09.420s
6. PC Bennett/Braun CORE FLM 1m10.698s
7. PC Popow/Dalziel CORE FLM 1m10.935s
8. PC Marcelli/Downs Merchant FLM 1m11.043s
9. PC Junqueira/Drissi RSR FLM 1m11.122s
10. PC Richard/Ende Dempsey FLM 1m11.810s
11. PC Franchitti/Dobson PR1/Mathiasen FLM 1m12.094s
12. GT Magnussen/Garcia Corvette 1m15.478s
13. GT Gavin/Milner Corvette 1m15.782s
14. GT Muller/Auberlen RLL BMW 1m16.011s
15. GT Sharp/van Overbeek Extreme Speed Ferrari 1m16.189s
16. GT Bergmeister/Long Flying Lizard Porsche 1m16.212s
17. GT Hand/Muller RLL BMW 1m16.398s
18. GT Miller/Maassen Miller Porsche 1m16.963s
19. GT Henzler/Sellers Falken Porsche 1m17.060s
20. GT Sweedler/Bell Alex Job Lotus 1m18.650s
21. GT Brown/Cosmo Extreme Speed Ferrari 1m20.601s
22. GT Neiman/Lally Flying Lizard Porsche 1m20.610s
23. GTC LeSaffre/Faulkner Green Hornet Porsche 1m21.615s
24. GTC Di Guida/Pumpelly TRG Porsche 1m21.935s
25. GTC MacNeil/Keen Alex Job Porsche 1m22.520s
26. GTC Cumming/Valiante JDX Porsche 1m22.741s