World Touring Car Championship points leader Yvan Muller repeated his free practice one form to top the second free practice session at Curitiba.
The Frenchman recorded a fastest time of 1m21.124s two thirds of the way into the session, half a second slower than his earlier best set when track temperatures were cooler.
The top four positions in the final practice session ahead of Saturday afternoon's qualifying mirrored those of practice one.
Rob Huff was again three tenths adrift of Muller in second, with a similar advantage over the third RML-prepared factory Cruze of Alain Menu.
Triple 2012 winner Menu was stripped of the time from his 10th and final flying lap for exceeding the track limits at Turn 8.
Future Honda team-mates Gabriele Tarquini and Tiago Monteiro occupied fourth and fifth positions. Tarquini's Lukoil SEAT Leon WTCC edged out Monteiro's Tuenti Racing example by 0.084s.
The Bamboo Engineering Cruzes of British Touring Car graduate Alex MacDowall and team newcomer Michel Nykjaer were also closely matched in sixth and seventh.
In a promising showing, Tom Boardman's Special Tuning SEAT took eighth ahead of the highest-placed BMW runner, Tom Coronel.
After languishing towards the bottom of the classification in testing and practice one, Tom Chilton produced an encouraging lap for the Arena Ford team to complete the top 10.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Yvan Muller Chevrolet 1m23.124s
2. Rob Huff Chevrolet 1m23.493s + 0.369s
3. Alain Menu Chevrolet 1m23.783s + 0.659s
4. Gabriele Tarquini Lukoil SEAT 1m23.947s + 0.823s
5. Tiago Monteiro Tuenti SEAT 1m24.031s + 0.907s
6. Alex MacDowall Bamboo Chevrolet 1m24.150s + 1.026s
7. Michel Nykjaer Bamboo Chevrolet 1m24.262s + 1.138s
8. Tom Boardman Special Tuning SEAT 1m24.423s + 1.299s
9. Tom Coronel ROAL BMW 1m24.523s + 1.399s
10. Tom Chilton Arena Ford 1m24.575s + 1.451s
11. Norbert Michelisz Zengo BMW 1m24.673s + 1.549s
12. Mehdi Bennani Proteam BMW 1m24.877s + 1.753s
13. Franz Engstler Engstler BMW 1m24.893s + 1.769s
14. Alberto Cerqui ROAL BMW 1m24.914s + 1.790s
15. Aleksei Dudukalo Lukoil SEAT 1m24.952s + 1.828s
16. Pepe Oriola Tuenti SEAT 1m25.149s + 2.025s
17. Darryl O'Young Special Tuning SEAT 1m25.153s + 2.029s
18. Stefano D'Aste Wiechers BMW 1m25.169s + 2.045s
19. Charles Ng Engstler BMW 1m25.231s + 2.107s
20. James Nash Arena Ford 1m25.234s + 2.110s
21. Fernando Monje SUNRED SEAT 1m25.601s + 2.477s