Click to view our fantastic subscription offers

Instant access to the F1 paddock

You have 15 views remaining

You have read 5 stories this month. After 20, you will need to register or subscribe.

Register with us for free to view 30 stories a month.

Or subscribe to AUTOSPORT+ for unlimited news stories and access to our exclusive subscriber-only content.

Our commitment to quality journalism

We've introduced metered access to AUTOSPORT which will ensure that the majority of our visitors can continue to view the site for free. But we think that is worth a small investment from those who use it most, so that we can continue to send the leading experts in their field to motor racing paddocks all over the world to break the latest news and produce the most compelling interviews and race reports.

Every visitor gets 20 free page views per month. Once you reach the limit you can register to get 30 views or choose one of our value-for-money subscription packages to continue viewing and to get additional access to a range of features including:

  • Unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
  • Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
  • Get AUTOSPORT magazine in a digital format on your computer or iPad every week
  • Full access to FORIX - the world's best motorsport statistics website

We greatly appreciate your continued support to keep AUTOSPORT at the forefront of motorsport coverage, and we look forward to welcoming you as a new subscriber.

Andrew Van de Burgt
Editor in Chief

autosport.com
Search:
Find out more about our subscriptions
  AUTOSPORT+ LOGIN AUTOSPORT Plus  
Username:
Password:
F1 NEWS 

Red Bull boss says Sebastian Vettel isn't going to Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel and Christian HornerSebastian Vettel has reassured Red Bull Racing that he is not in talks with Ferrari, says RBR team principal Christian Horner, who expects the double world champion to remain with his squad into the future.

Speculation that Vettel could join Ferrari from 2014 has intensified in recent weeks, prompted in part by Ferrari chief Stefano Domenicali saying he could envisage Vettel and Fernando Alonso 'co-existing' as team-mates very successfully.

But speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Horner insisted there was no truth to rumours that Vettel had already committed to a Ferrari future - or that he was even negotiating one.

"I have spoken with Sebastian about it and he's made it quite clear that he hasn't had any dialogue and hasn't signed anything with Ferrari," Horner was quoted as saying by Reuters. "The rumour mill always will continue...

"I think most of our team has been going to Ferrari at some point this year, whether it be Adrian [Newey], Mark [Webber], Sebastian, even myself at one stage was supposed to be going."

Horner said he did not envisage Vettel wanting to leave Red Bull in the near future.

"Sebastian is very comfortable in the team, the team is very comfortable with Sebastian," he said. "He's been with Red Bull for over 12 years now and I think he will be us for quite a few years to come.

"I have no concern over Sebastian and where he will be in 2013, 2014 or beyond."

He added that he did not believe Ferrari held any real emotional pull for Vettel or that the German held any particular ambition to drive for the legendary Italian team during his career.

"I don't think Ferrari is a must for him," said Horner. "He's very happy where he is, achieving great results where he is and he's focused on trying to achieve a lot more."

Subs
  More news  
    advertisement
  RELATED LINKS
Read the AUTOSPORT Digital Edition
Visit the autosport.com shop
See highlights from 60 years of AUTOSPORT
  FOLLOW AUTOSPORT ON
FOLLOW AUTOSPORT ON TWITTER
Paddock insight from group F1 editor Jonathan Noble
Grand Prix news updates from F1 editor Edd Straw
Breaking news feed
Live commentary feed
  RELATED STORIES
Vettel flattered by Domenicali's praise
Alonso relaxed over future team-mate
Alonso, Vettel 'could coexist' at Ferrari
Haymarket