The destiny of the 2014 Formula 1 world championship will be decided over the run of eight races in 14 weekends that begins with Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix.
If a few of those events live up to the drama of Hungary and the battle for the drivers' championship remains as gripping has it been so far, 2014 will rightly be remembered as a classic season.
But the margin between dramatic, memorable races and the mundane is a razor-thin one. Look at the Hungarian GP, which took Formula 1 into its August break on a high.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.