When Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas parked their cars on the front row of the grid in Austria, I can guarantee that there was not a single person in the paddock, me included, who did not feel a sense of satisfaction that, at long last, Williams is back where it belongs.
Yes, it was beaten on race day, but with the current form of Mercedes, Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, I believe third and fourth was the best Williams could hope for.
For me, the name Williams Grand Prix Engineering represents a family of racers. Where else on the Formula 1 grid do you see that?
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.