Comebacks are hard. Just ask Paul di Resta.
It certainly wasn't a dream return to the category he once conquered, but don't write him off just yet. Plenty of things conspired against the Scot at Hockenheim, and while the results aren't flattering, he actually did a reasonably good job against the odds.
For a former DTM champion, it's very easy to look at a 14th-place finish and say that's not good enough.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.