Formula 1's aerodynamic regulations for 2014 are far simpler than the powertrain rules, but are inciting just as much controversy.
A few simple dimensional changes are all that have been regulated: a lower nose, a narrower front wing and a single exhaust pipe.
But, at a stroke, these few adjustments have completely changed the flow structure around the car and have set the designers a huge challenge to regain the lost downforce.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.