America is known for some famous endurance races: Petit Le Mans, the Sebring 12 Hours and the Daytona 24 Hours are events that resonate with motorsport fans all over the world. But you'll likely get blank stares back if you mention the US's longest endurance race: the Thunderhill 25 Hours.
Never heard of it? Neither had we. But American endurance racing's best-kept secret has been running for a decade, on a circuit that last year celebrated its 20th anniversary.
Think of Britcar's Silverstone 24 Hours, but on three miles of undulating purpose-built track in the North Western part of California's Great Central Valley...
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.