Get to Formula 1. That is what most aspiring young racing drivers want to achieve, even if for most it will forever remain a dream. This explains why, despite the £100,000 that goes with it, the most special aspect of the McLaren AUTOSPORT BRDC Award prizes is the F1 test.
And this year it was Jake Dennis's turn to jump into a McLaren on the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit.
Dennis, 18, looks at home sitting in the MP4-26 chassis 02, the very car that 1998 McLaren AUTOSPORT BRDC Award winner Jenson Button took to a dramatic victory in the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.