With the 2013 Formula 1 season now in its closing stages, all teams have now diverted their attention to 2014.
But while there was relatively little technical innovation evident in the pitlane, the Indian and Abu Dhabi grands prix showed that development never stands entirely still in F1.
While both circuits are Hermann Tilke designs, their demands are very different. India places a greater emphasis on straightline speed and the faster turns put a lot more lateral energy through the tyres.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.