Winton Motor Racing is not what one might consider to be among the world's most glamorous of racetracks.
The circuit, about 150 miles north of Melbourne, is the nominated test track for 19 of the 28 entries that compete in the V8 Supercar Championship and among them are the four Nissan entries - and so it was that two of the Japanese firm's favoured sons, Michael Krumm and Lucas Ordonez, found themselves coming to grips with the Altima racers in their first taste of the V8.
Winton's longer layout is mainly flat and there is only one corner that might be considered anywhere near 'fast' on the 2.4-mile circuit. The track is not usually mentioned in the same breath as Bathurst or Albert Park, but that suited Krumm just fine.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.