With the watching world focused on goings-on at Maranello since the Italian Grand Prix, the time has come for attention to turn back to the on-track action. But in Singapore, even the racing will be taking place against a backdrop of chatter about what's to come in 2014.
Singapore is the first of a sequence of seven races over 10 weekends that represents a farewell tour for Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus and Felipe Massa at Ferrari.
With Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull seemingly unstoppable in their march to a fourth consecutive world championship double, it's inevitable that attention is starting to turn to the post-2.4-litre V8 era.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.