Monza may not have produced much to get excited about on track in 2013, but the drama that played out in the stretch of asphalt behind the pits more than made up for it.
Formula 1's annual silly season continued in overdrive up and down the paddock, even though Red Bull had withdrawn itself from that fun by announcing Daniel Ricciardo.
And it was no surprise that in its own backyard, it was Ferrari that found itself once again under the spotlight as it pushed to save its 2013 title prospects and sort out its 2014 driver line-up.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.