Don't get me wrong, this relatively new idea of shoehorning a summer break into the F1 calendar is no bad thing - I thoroughly enjoyed myself for the full two weeks.
The only downsides are that it pushes the end of one season a bit too close to the beginning of the next for my liking and when the fortnight's over, there's a certain amount of readjustment to be undertaken.
Personally, I didn't get back from Hungary and repack my suitcase to jump on another plane somewhere hot, as many of my colleagues and friends up and down the pitlane did.
I landed back at Heathrow on the Monday after the race, rushed home and unpacked my bag and put anything brandishing the HiFlex F1 Team logo into big box. That box then went into the back of a cupboard, not to see the light of day again for a full 14 days.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.