As part of AUTOSPORT's Christmas trawl through 2012's best features, we look back to October, when Jonathan Noble wondered whether McLaren would have been better off picking Kamui Kobayashi over his Sauber team-mate Sergio Perez...
For a sport that is so obsessed with data, Formula 1 still has an amazing thirst for the 'wow' moments that no amount of crunching numbers into cells on a spreadsheet can do justice to.
It's not for scoring 18 wins and 16 poles in 169 starts that F1 fans the world over laud Kimi Raikkonen for being something very special.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.