Britain personal scorecard
• Sebastian Vettel scored a hat-trick of win, pole position and fastest lap at Silverstone in 2009, but last year his pole came to nothing when a first corner tangle with Lewis Hamilton punctured a tyre and left him to fight back to seventh. He has never been outqualified by his team-mate in Britain.
Webber led every lap of last year's race © LAT
• Mark Webber triumphed for Red Bull last year as he led from start to finish, following up a second place in 2009. Prior to that he had scored just one point at Silverstone in 2004 for Jaguar, despite qualifying inside the top 10 a total of four times. His victory in 2010 made him the eighth different winner from the last eight British Grands Prix, joining Rubens Barrichello, Michael Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Hamilton and Vettel. The last driver to win back-to-back British Grands Prix was David Coulthard in 1999 and 2000.
• Lewis Hamilton has been on the podium in all but one of his British Grands Prix. That rogue result came in 2009 when he was 16th in a dismally slow McLaren and was a year after he recorded a famous win by over a minute from Nick Heidfeld in torrential rain. Unusually, his qualifying record at Silverstone is not great, Heikki Kovalainen twice starting ahead of him while they were McLaren team-mates.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.