So much for dull racing in Spain
Last weekend's race included 60 overtaking moves - more than the last nine Spanish Grands Prix combined, with the standout drivers being Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi and Renault's Nick Heidfeld, each of them making 10 moves.
There was another significant record broken at Barcelona as Jarno Trulli became the most overtaken driver in the Formula 1 World Championship since 1983. He has been passed 270 times in his career, surpassing the 262 demotions of three-time grand prix winner Thierry Boutsen.
• Mark Webber scored his seventh grand prix pole position and the 20th front row start of his career. It also halted a nine-race run of being beaten by his team-mate in qualifying. In 10 Spanish Grand Prix appearances, he has outqualified his team-mate eight times.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.