Spain personal scorecard
• Sebastian Vettel has started from the front row in Spain for the past two years and scored his first podium in the race in 2010, albeit giving up a place to Fernando Alonso late-on due to a brake problem. Vettel's last victory at Barcelona was in '06 in the F3 Euro Series. Vettel has qualified no lower than second for the past nine races. Only five times in F1 history has a driver bettered this record, the last time being Damon Hill's run of 17 straight front-row starts between the '95 Australian and '96 Japanese Grands Prix. Everything is set for Vettel to make it 10 in a row in Spain, as he has already had three poles from the first four races of '11.
Webber won brilliantly in Spain in 2010 © LAT
• Last year's Spanish Grand Prix was almost a perfect race for Mark Webber as he led every lap of the race to win from pole position. He did the same two weeks later in Monaco, but did not set the fastest lap in either race. In 2009 he finished third, behind the Brawns, but ahead of Vettel.
• Lewis Hamilton has never won at Barcelona in any category, but came closest last year, before a last-lap wheel failure put him in the wall at Turn Three. He did, however, make it onto the podium for McLaren in 2007 and '08.
Get back on track. Join today for unlimited access to all Autosport news and features.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from monthly, yearly and two-yearly packages.