It's been 15 years since an Italian raced for the Scuderia in a round of the Formula 1 world championship. On that occasion, at Imola in 1994, Nicola Larini finished second standing in for the injured Jean Alesi. No one cared that much however, for sadder events had unfolded through that weekend.
So as we prepare for Luca Badoer to become the 24th Italian to race for the Scuderia in Formula 1, we thought we'd dig through our archives and share with you the race report from the last time one won in a Ferrari.
Incredibly it's as long ago as 1985, when Michele Alboreto triumphed over Alain Prost in the German Grand at the Nurburgring. Enjoy...
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.