The stage is surely set for a home win in this weekend's German Grand Prix, as Sebastian Vettel enters on a high from his second victory of the season at the British Grand Prix. But then again, that's what everyone said about Jenson Button and Silverstone, a race that marked the low-water mark of his 2009 campaign to date.
One thing is for sure, barring something exceptional it will be all about the battle between Brawn GP and Red Bull Racing. Increasingly, it seems that the energy drinks giant's team holds the key cards - it has the fastest car, vastly improved tyre management and a driver, in Vettel, who is at the top of his game.
But to assume it will simply be a Red Bull benefit would be to underestimate Ross Brawn's men. Both teams have update packages ready to run on Friday, so don't bet against another shift in the competitive balance.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.