Esteban Ocon continued his denial of Max Verstappen in the Formula 3 European Championship weekend at Pau by claiming pole position for both of Sunday's races.
Once again the Frenchman engaged in battle with the Dutch racer, and this time he earned pole by 0.057 seconds for race two, and 0.050s for the final race, which is the 73rd Pau Grand Prix.
Ocon's Prema Powerteam Dallara-Mercedes held the advantage over Verstappen's Van Amersfoort Racing Dallara-Volkswagen when the session was red flagged with four minutes remaining after Tatiana Calderon crashed backwards into the tyre wall at the Foch chicane.
When the session restarted there were no improvements, meaning Lotus F1 Junior Ocon has made it a clean sweep of the three poles for the weekend.
Topping the later group, and therefore starting alongside Ocon on the front row for both races, was Felix Rosenqvist, who at last ended his dismal run.
After struggling with electronics problems in first qualifying, the Swede put on a spectacular display in his Mucke Motorsport Dallara-Mercedes.
Rosenqvist ended up just 0.005s adrift of Ocon's best, his session also featuring a stoppage with a few minutes to go when Spike Goddard crashed on the exit of the Foch chicane.
Rosenqvist's efforts to grab pole when the session restarted were lurid, including a launching of his front end into the air as he grabbed too much of the kerb at Foch.
Tom Blomqvist was closest to Rosenqvist in his group. The Anglo-Swede has now served his 10-place grid penalties, so will start his Jagonya Ayam with Carlin Dallara-VW from the second row in both races.
Behind Ocon and Verstappen in the first group was Jake Dennis, the Racing Steps-backed Brit continuing his strong weekend in his Carlin Dallara-VW to head Prema runner Dennis van de Laar and the Fortec Motorsport machine of John Bryant-Meisner.
In the second group, Antonio Giovinazzi's Jagonya Ayam with Carlin entry took third from Fortec's Mitch Gilbert, Jordan King (Carlin) and Lucas Auer, who could not repeat his efforts of earlier in his Mucke machine.
On second-best times the order is shuffled for the third race, with Gilbert taking a best-ever third-row start slot, followed by Auer, Giovinazzi and King.
Race two qualifying:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time
1. Esteban Ocon Prema Dallara-Merc 1m10.192s Group B
2. Felix Rosenqvist Mucke Dallara-Merc 1m10.197s Group A
3. Max Verstappen Van Amersfoort Dallara-VW 1m10.249s Group B
4. Tom Blomqvist Carlin Dallara-VW 1m10.547s Group A
5. Jake Dennis Carlin Dallara-VW 1m10.647s Group B
6. Antonio Giovinazzi Carlin Dallara-VW 1m10.561s Group A
7. Dennis van de Laar Prema Dallara-Merc 1m10.841s Group B
8. Mitchell Gilbert Fortec Dallara-Merc 1m10.579s Group A
9. John Bryant-Meisner Fortec Dallara-Merc 1m11.141s Group B
10. Jordan King Carlin Dallara-VW 1m10.599s Group A
11. Ed Jones Carlin Dallara-VW 1m11.242s Group B
12. Lucas Auer Mucke Dallara-Merc 1m10.613s Group A
13. Sean Gelael Carlin Dallara-VW 1m11.244s Group B
14. Nicholas Latifi Prema Dallara-Merc 1m10.667s Group A
15. Gustavo Menezes Van Amersfoort Dallara-VW 1m11.289s Group B
16. Felix Serralles West-Tec Dallara-Merc 1m10.758s Group A
17. Tatiana Calderon Jo Zeller Dallara-Merc 1m11.407s Group B
18. Antonio Fuoco Prema Dallara-Merc 1m10.806s Group A
19. Felipe Guimaraes Double R Dallara-Merc 1m11.458s Group B
20. Riccardo Agostini Eurointernational Dallara-Merc 1m10.808s Group A
21. Alexander Toril T-Sport Dallara-NBE 1m11.839s Group B
22. Spike Goddard T-Sport Dallara-NBE 1m10.826s Group A
23. Michele Beretta Eurointernational Dallara-Merc 1m12.062s Group B
24. Jules Szymkowiak Van Amersfoort Dallara-VW 1m11.379s Group A
25. Hector Hurst West-Tec Dallara-Merc 1m12.287s Group B
26. Roy Nissany Mucke Dallara-Merc 1m12.617s Group B
Race three qualifying:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time
1. Esteban Ocon Prema Dallara-Merc 1m10.265s Group B
2. Felix Rosenqvist Mucke Dallara-Merc 1m10.300s Group A
3. Max Verstappen Van Amersfoort Dallara-VW 1m10.315s Group B
4. Tom Blomqvist Carlin Dallara-VW 1m10.603s Group A
5. Jake Dennis Carlin Dallara-VW 1m10.828s Group B
6. Mitchell Gilbert Fortec Dallara-Merc 1m10.614s Group A
7. Dennis van de Laar Prema Dallara-Merc 1m10.930s Group B
8. Lucas Auer Mucke Dallara-Merc 1m10.639s Group A
9. John Bryant-Meisner Fortec Dallara-Merc 1m11.251s Group B
10. Antonio Giovinazzi Carlin Dallara-VW 1m10.691s Group A
11. Gustavo Menezes Van Amersfoort Dallara-VW 1m11.289s Group B
12. Jordan King Carlin Dallara-VW 1m10.722s Group A
13. Ed Jones Carlin Dallara-VW 1m11.400s Group B
14. Nicholas Latifi Prema Dallara-Merc 1m10.801s Group A
15. Sean Gelael Carlin Dallara-VW 1m11.437s Group B
16. Riccardo Agostini Eurointernational Dallara-Merc 1m10.959s Group A
17. Felipe Guimaraes Double R Dallara-Merc 1m11.574s Group B
18. Antonio Fuoco Prema Dallara-Merc 1m11.092s Group A
19. Tatiana Calderon Jo Zeller Dallara-Merc 1m11.624s Group B
20. Felix Serralles West-Tec Dallara-Merc 1m11.423s Group A
21. Alexander Toril T-Sport Dallara-NBE 1m11.916s Group B
22. Spike Goddard T-Sport Dallara-NBE 1m11.425s Group A
23. Michele Beretta Eurointernational Dallara-Merc 1m12.138s Group B
24. Jules Szymkowiak Van Amersfoort Dallara-VW 1m11.780s Group A
25. Hector Hurst West-Tec Dallara-Merc 1m12.400s Group B
26. Roy Nissany Mucke Dallara-Merc 1m12.639s Group B