This weekend's DTM round at Oschersleben represents a landmark race for Gary Paffett, as he chalks up his 100th start in the series.
The Briton, who debuted midway through the 2003 season, has won more races - 20 - than anybody bar Bernd Schneider and Klaus Ludwig, and has been one of the best-performing drivers throughout that period.
His number of starts, which includes the non-championship Shanghai street race he won in 2004, is an indication of the regard with which he is held at Mercedes and in the eyes of the championship's mass of fans.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.