Aeschylus. Know him? Seems he knows - or knew - Ford's Malcolm Wilson. Even though he was born 2500 years before the World Rally Championship's longest-serving team principal.
Aeschylus must have been familiar with Wilson's work. One line from Agamemnon - one of his (Aeschylus's, not Malcolm's) livelier productions, centred on a murderously feisty wife looking to exact revenge for all manner of foul play - highlights the familiarity.
'It is the nature of mortals, to kick a man when he is down.'
That line might have been delivered for the first time in around 450BC but, for Wilson, it was never truer than last week.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.