A six-car train of cars headed by Tiago Monteiro disputed fifth place.
The former grand prix driver's factory Honda team-mate Gabriele Tarquini provided the only passing manoeuvre in the group, benefiting from Zengo Honda driver Mehdi Bennani running wide at the Nockstein-Kehre on lap five to take eighth.
The gaggle was separated by under four seconds at the chequered flag, with Coronel's ROAL team-mate Tom Chilton completing the top six.
After sustaining heavy damage to his Campos Chevrolet in a practice crash that sidelined him from qualifying, Hugo Valente defied his post-shunt prediction by starting from the rear of the grid.
Sadly, the Marrakech podium-finisher and team-mate Dusan Borkovic would both pit for attention on the second lap.
Results - 15 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Yvan Muller Citroen 20m56.737s
2. Tom Coronel ROAL Chevrolet +3.840s
3. Jose Maria Lopez Citroen +4.276s
4. Sebastien Loeb Citroen +5.427s
5. Tiago Monteiro Honda +12.403s
6. Tom Chilton ROAL Chevrolet +12.945s
7. Mehdi Bennani Proteam Honda +13.566s
8. Gabriele Tarquini Honda +14.868s
9. Norbert Michelisz Zengo Honda +15.672s
10. Gianni Morbidelli Munnich Chevrolet +16.184s
11. Rene Munnich Munnich Chevrolet +25.974s
12. Robert Huff Lada +27.778s
13. James Thompson Lada +31.278s
14. Mikhail Kozlovskiy Lada +41.924s
15. Franz Engstler Engstler BMW +1m20.251s
16. John Filippi Campos SEAT +1 lap
17. Pasquale Di Sabatino Engstler BMW +1 lap
Dusan Borkovic Campos Chevrolet 5 laps
Hugo Valente Campos Chevrolet 4 laps
OPINION: Mercedes endured its worst season of the hybrid Formula 1 era, but was mercifully spared its first winless campaign in over a decade late on. It has owned up to the mistakes it made which led to its troubled W13. And while its task to return to title-challenging contention is not small, its 2022 season seems more like a blip than the beginning of a downward spiral.
The 2022 MotoGP season was another hotly contested championship, with Francesco Bagnaia emerging as the title winner after the campaign went to the wire. Autosport picks out the 10 best performers of the season
It’s regarded as one of the classic sportscar venues in the world. The Sebring International Raceway has been hosting top line endurance events for over seventy years and is one of the oldest continuously-operated racing circuits in the United States. Sebring is the venue for round four of the Le Mans Virtual Series — the number one eSports championship for the world’s best simulator and professional race drivers — in association with LEGO® Technic™ and its stunning #51 AF Corse Ferrari 488.
Volvo gave the World Touring Car Championship a major boost when it announced it would enter the series, but its ambitions don't stop there. JACK COZENS examines its programme, the S60 and what its arrival means for the WTCC
The 2012 World Touring Car champion says he never had the money to race cars. Yet 2015 is his 11th season in the WTCC. He talks STUART CODLING through his journey from motorsport fan to paid professional - for little more than £100,000