Former MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner has poured cold water on reports that he will race in the V8 Supercars series this year.
The Australian, a two-time MotoGP champion, retired from the sport at the end of last season, having made his debut in the championship in 2006.
At the time of announcing his retirement, Stoner said he would consider a move into V8 Supercars in the future.
Reports in the Australian media over the weekend suggested Stoner had announced a move to the Dunlop Series, V8 Supercars' feeder series.
On Sunday, however, the 27-year-old played down reports that he had already made up his mind about his future, although he did admit V8 Supercars was one of the possibilities.
"Don't believe everything you read," said Stoner via Twitter.
"Haven't decided what I'm doing yet, of course V8 Supercars is on the cards. Will let you know when I do!"