The manager of sacked Arrows driver Jos Verstappen on Thursday confirmed that the team will be faced with a lawsuit from their former racer.
"We will start to have a substantial claim against Arrows and we are prepared to pursue this through the courts," said Verstappen's manager Huub Rothengatter.
Verstappen was ditched by the team despite having a firm contract which, Rothengatter confirmed, had no get-out clauses.
Although Rothengatter would not reveal terms of the lawsuit, he did admit Arrows were in breach of contract and would have to compensate Verstappen for the lack of a Formula One drive.
"People think it is the end of the story but it is not," said Rothengatter. "This has been very disappointing and we will take action that's for sure.
"What is the value of a signed contract? We did not just shake hands or smile at each other. It was a signed contract which had been registered at the [FIA's] Contract Recognition Board, in Geneva."
Verstappen is now left with "empty hands," Rothengatter admitted, and is unlikely to find a drive for this year.