World championship leaders Brawn, plus former champions McLaren and Renault are among the teams that have been told to lift the conditions on their entry to the 2010 championship by June 19 or risk being left off the grid.
After days of intense speculation about which teams would comprise the make up for the 2010 championship, the FIA announced that of the current teams only Ferrari, Red Bull Racing, Scuderia Toro Rosso, Williams and Force India have been granted entries.
It means that Brawn, McLaren, Renault, BMW Sauber and Toyota have all been sidelined for now - pointing towards further frantic efforts to try and find a solution to the row over cost cuts.
In a statement issued by the FIA, it said: "These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June."
The inclusion of Ferrari and the two Red Bull teams is also a bone of contention, with the outfits likely to claim that they could only be entered if the conditions attached to their applications to race were met.
The FIA, however, believes the teams committed several years ago when they signed deals with the governing body and Formula One Management tying themselves to the sport.
The list also confirmed that three new teams had been granted an entry - Campos Grand Prix, Manor Grand Prix and Team US F1.
Should any of the five current teams not make the cut, then the FIA is evaluating further entries being added.
AUTOSPORT understands there are three or four other teams who are close to being granted entries, and dialogue is still ongoing.
Campos Grand Prix is being run by former grand prix driver Adrian Campos, with Team US F1 headed by Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor.
AUTOSPORT understands the new Manor Grand Prix team is headed by F3 team boss John Booth and former grand prix team owner Nick Wirth.
Team Constructor Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro Ferrari Scuderia Toro Rosso STR TBA Red Bull Racing Red Bull Racing TTBA At&T Williams Williams Toyota Force India F1 Team Force India Mercedes Campos Grand Prix Campos Cosworth Manor Grand Prix Manor Cosworth Team US F1 Team US F1 Cosworth Vodafone McLaren Mercedes* McLaren Mercedes BMW Sauber F1 Team* BMW Sauber Renault F1 Team* Renault Panasonic Toyota Racing* Toyota Brawn GP Formula One Team* Brawn TBA
* These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June.
The maximum number of cars permitted to enter the 2010 Championship has been increased to 26, two being entered by each competitor. Pending completion of the discussions referred to above, further due diligence is currently taking place on other potential entries.