Jerome Stoll will continue as president of Renault's sporting division despite a replacement being announced by the French company last year.
Renault said in November that executive vice-president of sales and marketing Thierry Koskas (pictured, right, with Stoll and Renault F1 team boss Cyril Abiteboul) would take over as president starting on January 1.
However, the French manufacturer announced on Friday that Koskas had left the company and that Stoll would continue in his current role.
"Jerome Stoll will continue in his role as President of Renault Sport Racing following the departure of Thierry Koskas from Groupe Renault," the company said.
No reasons were given for the decision.
Stoll, 64, has been at Renault since 1980, becoming president of the sporting arm in 2016.
Renault said in its November announcement that Koskas would report to chief executive Carlos Ghosn, who was arrested in Japan at the end of last year, facing accusations of financial misconduct.
While he was ousted from his position as CEO of Nissan, Ghosn has kept his job at Renault.
Nissan has now accused Ghosn of having received £6.9m in "improper" payments.