Former Manor race driver Rio Haryanto has accepted the team's offer to remain in Formula 1 as its reserve after losing his seat to Esteban Ocon.
Haryanto was dropped from Manor's race line-up on Wednesday for failing to meet his contractual obligations due to struggling to find funding for the rest of the campaign.
While he has been replaced by Mercedes junior and Renault F1 reserve Ocon, Manor said it would offer him the chance to remain part of its setup.
"Manor Racing is pleased to announce that Rio Haryanto will remain with the team for the rest of the season, having accepted its offer of a reserve driver role," said the team in a statement.
"Rio will be available to deputise should either race driver be unable to take part in an event.
"He will also be immersed in engineering meetings and PR activities, as the team continues its support for his racing ambitions."
Haryanto's funding ran out after the Hungarian Grand Prix last month, but Manor kept him on board for the German GP in a bid to help him secure backing from his Indonesian homeland.
Autosport has produced a standalone special magazine to celebrate our 70th birthday. All current print subscribers will receive a copy for free. To order your copy of the 196-page Autosport 70th Anniversary issue, please go to: autosport.com/autosport70th