It was pretty clear that simply posting a snap of smiley Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg shaking hands wasn't going to suffice in delivering a message that all was sorted at Mercedes after their Belgian Grand Prix clash.
We've seen such attempts in the past by teams trying to give the impression that all was cool after a bust-up (remember that pally Mark Webber/Sebastian Vettel picture after Turkey 2010?), but things are very different this time.
For a start, the stakes of the title battle are much higher. And, after the fallings-out in Bahrain, Spain, Monaco, Hungary and Belgium (at Les Combes and during the post-race debrief), it was clear that no amount of PR gloss was going to paint over the fact that things are not serene between the battling Mercedes duo.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.