What would be the effect of getting rid of these stupid front wings? Fewer races spoiled by unnecessary punctures and less turbulent effect from the car in front?
Keith Scandrett, via Facebook
It's really great to see that fans can also see the obvious. Why the people who make the decisions can't amazes me.
When the current front-wing concept was first introduced, it was supposedly going to solve all the problems of following another car. It was based on a couple of years of research by a bunch of very clever people, but what did it do? Nothing.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.