Mercedes has gone beyond the usual low-drag set-ups of a small rear wing and trimmed front wing flaps for Spa. It has introduced a wide range of changes for the low-downforce demands of the circuit.
Starting at the front of the car, the nose is subtly revised. It is now more rounded and hooked, with a smooth curve over the top and an arched underside.
This creates more space under the nose for airflow to reach a new series of turning vanes mounted in this area.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.