The British GT Championship is the best national series in the UK. It's a bold statement - one that certainly wouldn't have been true even a few years ago, and one made while the ever-popular British Touring Car Championship is going through arguably its strongest period since the Super Touring glory days.
It's also a stretch too far. British GT racing is a world apart from where it was a decade ago, but in a game of Top Trumps the BTCC undoubtedly has the edge.
That's not to say there isn't a serious argument to be made that the GTs deserve greater mainstream attention.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.