The competition and machinery of Indycar racing between 1993 and 2001 provided some of the best highlights in American motorsport history.
As part of our celebration, AUTOSPORT asked some of the stars of that period, including five champions, for their memories of CART's greatest era.
Many picked out their best races, but the overwhelming impression was that of the cars. With around 1000bhp by the end of the era, the turbocharged monsters certainly provided a challenge for some of the best drivers in the world...
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.