Gerhard Berger laughs. "The natural thing for a person is to forget things he didn't like," he says, "so half of the things I cannot remember!"
On that basis, it's probably fair to say that his memory of the 1993 Formula 1 season - which we're discussing - is, let's say about 25 per cent. And that's being generous.
Berger had joined Ferrari when the Maranello team was at rock bottom, switching over from McLaren to replace Ivan Capelli in a big-money move - so much so that, when the Austrian topped the weigh-in before the 1993 season opener in South Africa, Keke Rosberg quipped that he must have left his wallet in his racesuit.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.