The 1994 Formula 1 season was a strange one to be involved with for so many reasons. As technical director at Jordan, I was in the middle of what proved to be an extraordinary year.
Jordan had more or less recovered financially from underestimating the challenge of setting up a grand prix team in 1991. We had a good little engine in Brian Hart's V10 and I was determined to put everything into the car.
Tracks (including Spa) and cars were slowed as the season went on © LAT
Winter testing went well and Eddie Irvine and Rubens Barrichello, our two drivers, were both very capable and progressing well.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.