The Hungaroring is Lewis Hamilton's circuit. He's won there four times in seven attempts and, after outpacing Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg in both of Friday's practice sessions, surely only a car problem or bad luck can prevent him from going into the August break with another victory.
That's what the conventional wisdom says, but Friday practice painted a slightly different picture. Yes, Hamilton was the pacesetter over a single lap, more than two-tenths faster than Rosberg, but actually there is every sign that the German can give him a serious run for his money.
Hamilton remains favourite, and for good reason, but it's not a done deal.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.