The removal of FRIC suspension systems has been the talk of Hockenheim so far during the German Grand Prix weekend, with Friday practice the first opportunity to see whether the change has reduced Mercedes' advantage.
As always, the headline laptimes only tell a small part of the story, but there are plenty of other reasons to look forward to a closely-fought weekend.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.