Formula E has finally gone public on its plans to host the London round of the inaugural championship in Battersea Park next summer.
The announcement was made at what was billed as the global launch of the series in London this week, but the race scheduled for June 27, 2015 remains far from certain.
The 200-acre Thames-side park in the London Borough of Wandsworth was announced by Formula E founder Alejandro Agag as the "chosen location" for the London fixture. His carefully worded statement about the plans, which were exclusively revealed by AUTOSPORT in March, was couched with words such as "hope" and "would".
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.