Amid the current frenzy of cost-cutting talk, money is seen as everything in Formula 1, be it the root of all evil or the secret of success.
But while it might be the former, it isn't the latter. Financial might is a pre-requisite of winning championships, but history has proved time and time again that it is no guarantee of it.
Myriad factors make the difference between success or failure. Pouring cash into facilities and personnel with good CVs is just part of the equation.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.