Whenever Formula 1 returns to a country or track we've used in the past, it's inevitable those of us working in the sport compare it to the 'good old days'.
More often than not the old hands scoff at the sub-standard modern take on an old classic they all loved, harking back in the glory days when the women were fast and the racing was dangerous.
At the recent Austrian Grand Prix, however, things were a bit different.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.