Are gaining an advantage and avoiding a disadvantage the same thing?
Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton would probably have approached that question from diametrically opposed perspectives after the German's trip across the final chicane shortcut on lap 25 of the Canadian Grand Prix.
The incident was, quite correctly, investigated by the stewards and, again rightly, responded to with a warning. After all, the fact Rosberg set the fastest third sector time of the whole race on that lap automatically warranted the stewards taking a look, but as per the prescribed interpretation of the rule no action was taken.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.