A cloud hung over the A2. And that's how I knew I was in the right place. New to rallycross meant I was new to this corner of Kent. The dust gave the game away.
It was hard not to be impressed by the number of people who'd ventured to England's deep south. But it wasn't hard to see why: 37 Supercars meant more than 22,000 horsepower on a mile-long stretch of gravel and asphalt.
And me? I'd come to take a look at the sport which I've been reliably informed is ready to take over from rallying.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.