This weekend, Lydden Hill in Kent, long regarded as the 'home of rallycross', will host the second round of the newly created FIA World Rallycross Championship, the AUTOSPORT World RX of Great Britain.
International rallycross returned to British shores in 2009 after a break of a decade, but no UK event - then or since -has featured a line-up of drivers quite like the one for this weekend's showdown.
No fewer than 38 of the headline four-wheel-drive, 600bhp Supercar machines will line up on the grid for Britain's inaugural World Rallycross event. And while the total number is big, more impressive is the quality, with over 80 per cent of the field capable of making it to the finals.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.