Seems it's all over bar the shouting. Pending an unexpected mid-season rules change to hinder it, a tremendous dose of bad luck or a baffling bit of self-destruction, Mercedes is well on its way to the 2014 Formula 1 world championship.
The team's rivals can dream of finding the gains needed to overhaul it, and the German car manufacturer's top brass can talk of being cautious because nothing is won yet, but let's get realistic here.
For the extent of its current advantage - both in terms of on-track pace and off-track points - means that Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are going to enjoy an exclusive battle for title glory this year.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.