One of the fundamentals of a great sporting spectacle is making it as easy as possible for your fans to follow what's happening. So why does Formula 1 consistently fail to grasp this?
That opening statement could be used as a launchpad for a critique of any number of facets of grand prix racing, but the topic at hand is arguably one of the most straightforward to solve, one that doesn't involve complicated technical implications and expensive changes to the car.
Simply make it easier to differentiate between team-mates while watching either at the circuit or on television. It's not difficult; it's not expensive. All it requires is the will to make some minor cosmetic changes.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.