One of the features of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend was the number of race promoters swanning about the place, with representatives from 17 of 2014's 19 grands prix present at the Catalunya circuit.
It seems Ronald J Walker, Australian Grand Prix promoter and long-standing Bernie Ecclestone-ite, called the first meeting of the Formula One Promoters' Association - an organisation founded two years ago which would, in the words of a disciple, "forever change F1's political landscape" - explaining the plethora of promoters mainly hanging about Red Bull's Energy Station.
If FOPA - an acronym shared with the sport's photographic association - wishes to impact on the landscape it must surely do better, for despite agreement among its members not to talk to the media, more than a few admitted feeling underwhelmed after flying halfway across the world, for they had sight of the agenda only upon arrival.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.