There are few people you meet in Formula 1 who are more 'glass half full' than Derek Warwick.
Having seen it all during his years in stock cars, grands prix racing and sportscars, if you spark up a conversation about anything to do with motor racing, you'll find a man instantly firing on all cylinders.
However, the start to the 2014 season has left even him needing to muster all his enthusiasm to stop getting dragged down by the negativity that's surrounded F1.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.